[openstack-dev] [ironic bare metal installation issue]

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Jun 4 06:36:24 UTC 2014

Excerpts from 严超's message of 2014-06-03 21:23:25 -0700:
> Hi, All :
>         I've deployed my ironic following this link:
> http://ma.ttwagner.com/bare-metal-deploys-with-devstack-and-ironic/ , all
> steps is completed.
>         Now one of my node-show provision_state is active. But why is this
> node still in installation state as follow ?
>          [image: 内嵌图片 1]

Ironic has done all that it can for the machine. That is the kernel
and ramdisk from the image, and Ironic has no real way to check that
this deploy succeeds. It is on the same level as checking to see if your
VM actually boots after kvm has been spawned.