[openstack-dev] [Nova][Ceilometer] Need some advices for blueprint

Felix Lee zaknafein.lee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 21:02:34 UTC 2014

Dear all,
Due to our business model and we have various hardware platforms to
support IaaS, so, we need more informations from hypervisors, such as
cpu model name(more specifically, it would look like: "Intel E5-2630L" )
and memory frequency in order to give our customers more objective value
that is close to practical cpu power as much as possible... But, it
seems there is no available plugin in ceilometer-compute-agent for
collecting such information, so, I am about to submit a blueprint for
this and implement it.
But, here, I noticed ceilometer-compute-agent relies on nova-compute
pretty much (e.g. in order to get cpu information, we have to enable
compute_monitors = ComputeDriverCPUMonitor in Nova ), so, I am wondering
if I want to submit blueprint for adding such capabilities to
ceilometer-compute-agent, which project should I submit to? Ceilometer
or Nova? or both..?
It would be very grateful if having any advice from you.

Thanks in advance
&
Best regards,
Felix Lee ~

--
Felix H.T Lee                           Academia Sinica Grid & Cloud.
Tel: +886-2-27898308