[openstack-dev] [Nova]Passing flat_injected flag through instance metadata

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 17:50:47 UTC 2014

We have discussed this a bunch in the past, and the right implementation here is to put the network configuration in a standard format (json?) in both the config drive and metadata.

cloud-init can be modified to read from that format and write out a proper /etc/network/interfaces (or appropriate files for the guest distro)

Vish