[openstack-dev] [Nova]Passing flat_injected flag through instance metadata

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Mon Jun 2 16:30:33 UTC 2014

On 05/30/2014 05:29 PM, ebaysf, yvempati wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am new to the openstack community and I am looking for feedback.
>
> We would like to implement a feature that allows user to pass flat_injected flag through instance metadata. We would like to enable this feature for images that support config drive. This feature helps us to decrease the dependency on dhcp server and  to maintain a uniform configuration across all the hypervisors running in our cloud. In order to enable this feature should I create a blue print and later implement or can this feature be implemented by filing a bug.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do here.  As I recall,
when flat_injected is set the static network configuration is already
included in the config drive data.  I believe there have been some
changes around file injection, but that shouldn't affect config drive as
far as I know.

If you just need that functionality and it's not working anymore then a
bug might be appropriate, but if you need something else then a
blueprint/spec will be needed.

-Ben