[openstack-dev] [qa] shared review dashboard proposal

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Mon Jun 2 13:21:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 06:57:04AM -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
> Towards the end of the summit there was a discussion about us using a
> shared review dashboard to see if a common view by the team would help
> accelerate people looking at certain things. I spent some time this
> weekend working on a tool to make building custom dashboard urls much
> easier.
>
> My current proposal is the following, and would like comments on it:
> https://github.com/sdague/gerrit-dash-creator/blob/master/dashboards/qa-program.dash

I like this idea, it's definitely a good idea to try and help prioritize certain
reviews to try and streamline reviewing.

I'm wondering do you think we'll eventually bring this into infra? I definitely
get JJB vibes from this too, and I think having a similar workflow for creating
dashboards would be awesome.

> All items in the dashboard are content that you've not voted on in the
> current patch revision, that you don't own, and that have passing
> Jenkins test results.
>
> 1. QA Specs - these need more eyes, so we highlight them at top of page
> 2. Patches that are older than 5 days, with no code review
> 3. Patches that you are listed as a reviewer on, but haven't voting on
> current version
> 4. Patches that already have a +2, so should be landable if you agree.
> 5. Patches that have no negative code review feedback on them
> 6. Patches older than 2 days, with no code review
>
> These are definitely a judgement call on what people should be looking
> at, but this seems a pretty reasonable triaging list. I'm happy to have
> a discussion on changes to this list.

I think this priority list is good for right now. I try to do this same basic
prioritization when I'm doing reviews. (although maybe not using exact day counts)
Although, I'm hoping that eventually reviews on the qa-specs repo will be active
enough that we won't need to prioritize it over other repos. But, until then I
think putting it at the top is the right move.

> The url for this is -  http://goo.gl/g4aMjM
>
> (the long url is very long:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/dashboard/?foreach=%28project%3Aopenstack%2Ftempest+OR+project%3Aopenstack-dev%2Fgrenade+OR+project%3Aopenstack%2Fqa-specs%29+status%3Aopen+NOT+owner%3Aself+NOT+label%3AWorkflow%3C%3D-1+label%3AVerified%3E%3D1%2Cjenkins+NOT+label%3ACode-Review%3C%3D-1%2Cself+NOT+label%3ACode-Review%3E%3D1%2Cself&title=QA+Review+Inbox&QA+Specs=project%3Aopenstack%2Fqa-specs&Needs+Feedback+%28Changes+older+than+5+days+that+have+not+been+reviewed+by+anyone%29=NOT+label%3ACode-Review%3C%3D2+age%3A5d&Your+are+a+reviewer%2C+but+haven%27t+voted+in+the+current+revision=reviewer%3Aself&Needs+final+%2B2=%28project%3Aopenstack%2Ftempest+OR+project%3Aopenstack-dev%2Fgrenade%29+label%3ACode-Review%3E%3D2+limit%3A50&Passed+Jenkins%2C+No+Negative+Feedback=NOT+label%3ACode-Review%3E%3D2+NOT+label%3ACode-Review%3C%3D-1+limit%3A50&Wayward+Changes+%28Changes+with+no+code+review+in+the+last+2days%29=NOT+label%3ACode-Review%3C%3D2+age%3A2d
>
> The url can be regenerated easily using the gerrit-dash-creator.

These generated URLs don't quite work as expected for me, I see a bunch of -1s
from jenkins in all the sections. Other things like reviews with -2s showing up
"in need final +2", or reviews with -2s and +2s from me being listed in the "but
haven't voted in the current revision". Also the top section just seems to list
every open QA program review regardless of it's current review state.

I'll take a look at the code and see if I can help figure out what's going on.

-Matt Treinish