[openstack-dev] [Cinder] glusterfs: Looking for reviews for my patch

Nilesh P Bhosale nilesh.bhosale at in.ibm.com
Sun Jun 1 07:02:09 UTC 2014

Hi Deepak,

With your proposed change, as per my understanding whenever cinder service
is restarted the glusterfs volume driver will ensure that the gluster
mounts are unmounted and remounted so that any new mount options added to
the shares config file is taken effect, post service restart.

I appreciate this thought, but at the same time I has a basic question.
Although, cinder driver comes in the control path, actions like unmount
and remount of the filesystem which may be in use from the nova instances
(some of the volumes on this mount might be attached to the live VMs and
those would be using them for their IO). Are you sure your changes won't
be affecting any live IO from the nova instances?
I just want to make sure that your change does not interrupt IO from the
active VMs on the volumes attached to them, which come from the gluster
mounts.

Please help clarify.

Thanks,
Nilesh