[openstack-dev] [all] How to get testr to failfast

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 09:45:43 UTC 2014

One of the things I like to be able to do when in the middle of making
changes is sometimes run all the tests to make sure I haven't accidentally
caused some unexpected damage in the neighborhood. If I have I don't
want the tests to all run, I'd like to exit on first failure. This
is a common feature in lots of testrunners but I can't seem to find
a way to make it happen when testr is integrated with setuptools.

Any one know a way?

There's this:
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/testrepository/+bug/1211926

But it is not clear how or where to effectively pass the right argument,
either from the command line or in tox.ini.

Even if you don't know a way, I'd like to hear from other people who
would like it to be possible. It's one of several testing habits I
have from previous worlds that I'm missing and doing a bit of
commiseration would be a nice load off.

Thanks.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent