[openstack-dev] [Neutron] how to deprecate a plugin

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Wed Jul 30 19:19:48 UTC 2014

In Nova we have done the following:
- add a warning in the current version that this will be deprecated in K
- start of K drop the code
It is also important to have an upgrade path. What happens if I have my
RYU plugin in production and I upgrade to the next version. That should be
clearly documented.
I think that maybe we should consider on working on a migration scheme -
from plugin A to plugin B.
Thanks
Gary