[openstack-dev] [nova] so what do i do about libvirt-python if i'm on precise?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jul 30 16:20:37 UTC 2014

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 06:39:56AM -0700, Matt Riedemann wrote:
>> This change:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/105501/
>>
>> Tries to pull in libvirt-python >= 1.2.5 for testing.
>>
>> I'm on Ubuntu Precise for development which has libvirt 0.9.8.
>>
>> The latest libvirt-python appears to require libvirt >= 0.9.11.
>>
>> So do I have to move to Trusty?
>
> You can use the CloudArchive repository to get newer libvirt and
> qemu packages for Precise, which is what anyone deploying the
> Ubuntu provided OpenStack packages would be doing.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

Can we be more specific because this would also need to be updated in
the devref docs for setting up your development environment with Ubuntu.

Sorry for being a newb but I went here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/CloudArchive/

And tried doing:

sudo add-apt-repository cloud-archive:icehouse

Which failed, I guess it doesn't know about what that means or something?

I added a repo to
http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/dists/precise-updates/icehouse/
manually but it's not finding any newer libvirt packages.

If I can get some help I can push a patch to update the docs since I'm
assuming I won't be the only one that hits this and it sounds like
minesweeper hit it recently too. [1]

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-July/041457.html

Matt Riedemann