[openstack-dev] [oslo][nova] can't rebuild local tox due to oslo alpha packages

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jul 30 13:35:28 UTC 2014

I noticed yesterday that trying to rebuild tox in nova fails because it
won't pull down the oslo alpha packages (config, messaging, rootwrap).

It looks like you need the --pre option with pip install to get these
normally.

Also sounds like tox should already be doing --pre, but it doesn't
appear to be with at least tox 1.6.1 in site-packages.

I'm using pip 1.5.6 which I thought was the latest.

Matt Riedemann