[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Spec process

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jul 30 12:12:41 UTC 2014

James Slagle wrote:
> Finally, the juno-2 milestone has passed. Many (if not all?)
> integrated projects have already -2'd specs that have not been
> approved, indicating they are not going to make Juno. There are many
> valid reasons to do this: focus, stabilization, workload, etc.
>
> Personally, I don't feel like TripleO agreed or had discussion on this
> point as a community. I'm actually not sure right off (without digging
> through archives) if the spec freeze is an OpenStack wide process or
> for individual projects. And, if it is OpenStack wide, would that
> apply just to projects that are part of the integrated release.

Spec freezes are currently opt-in, even for integrated projects. Only a
handful of projects elected to strictly follow them this time. The key
benefit is to allow core reviewers to focus on the stuff that might
actually make it in time for release, rather than having to spend time
reviewing specs that have nearly no chance of being Juno material anyway.

So as far as TripleO goes, it really is a local team decision.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)