[openstack-dev] [cinder][qa] cinder client versions and tempest

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 19:30:38 UTC 2014

On 16:19 Thu 24 Jul     , David Kranz wrote:
> I noticed that the cinder list-extensions url suffix is underneath
> the v1/v2 in the GET url but the returned result is the same either
> way. Some of the
> returned items have v1 in the namespace, and others v2.

For XML, the namespace is different. JSON makes no different.

> Also, in tempest, there is a single config section for cinder and
> only a single extensions client even though we run cinder
> tests for v1 and v2 through separate volume clients. I would have
> expected that listing extensions would be separate calls for v1
> and v2 and that the results might be different, implying that tempest
> conf should have a separate section (and service enabled) for volumes
> v2
> rather than treating the presence of v1 and v2 as flags in
> "volume-feature-enabled". Am I missing something here?

The results of using extensions with v1 or v2 makes no different except what
I noted above. With that in mind, I recommend testing the extensions once with
v2 since it's the latest supported, and v1 is deprecated as of Juno.

--
Mike Perez