[openstack-dev] [NFV][CI][third-party] The plan to bring up Snabb NFV CI for Juno-3

Luke Gorrie luke at snabb.co
Tue Jul 29 16:28:55 UTC 2014

Hi Steve,

On 29 July 2014 17:21, Steve Gordon <sgordon at redhat.com> wrote:

> I've added the [third-party] tag as well to ensure this catches the
> broadest segment of relevant people.

Thanks!

> are any modifications to upstream Open vSwitch required to support Snabb?

Good question. No, this uses a separate vswitch called Snabb Switch. Snabb
Switch is a small user-space program that you assign some network
interfaces to. It runs independent of any other networking you are doing on
other ports (OVS, DPDK-OVS, SR-IOV, etc).

Have you already attempted to solicit some core reviewers in Nova and
> Neutron

How does one normally do that? We are getting help but I am not exactly
sure how people have found us beyond chat in #openstack-nfv :-).

Two Neutron core reviewers are making the requirements there very clear to
us, both on the code and the CI.

One Nova core reviewer is helping us too. I would like to better understand
CI requirements on the Nova side (e.g. does the Neutron tempest testing
regime provide adequate coverage for Nova or do we need to do more?). This
is our first contribution to Nova so there is a risk that we overlook
something important.

Cheers,
-Luke