[openstack-dev] [Neutron][policy] Group-based Policy code sprint

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 10:05:43 UTC 2014

The code sprint was pretty productive and attended by current and new members:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/GroupPolicy/JunoCodeSprint

We were able to fix some of our DB migration issues, and also make
significant progress with the API intercept discussion.

The following is a status report:

1. Code for GBP API with reference implementation
Majority of the code has been in review for a while now, and we are
iterating with the reviewers. The code has been split up into multiple
patches and the series starts here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/95900

More information on the patch series can be found here:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Neutron_Group_Policy/Patches

Team of several people has worked, or are working on this.

2. Client/CLI for GBP
The Client/CLI for the first series (EP, EPG, L2P, L3P) is available.
The CLI catering to the resources in the other two series will be
posted shortly.

Subra Ongole is working on this.

3. Tempest tests for GBP API
The API tests for the first series are posted. Those for the other two
series are in the works along with the scenario tests.

Miguel and Sumit are working on this.

4. Horizon
This also seems to be under control. Ronak and Abishek are working on this.

5. Vendor Driver implementation
Six different drivers are in the works. We spent a good part of the
code sprint in discussing the vendor drivers. It seems that these
drivers will be able to leverage the Implicit and (parts of) the
Resource Mapping Drivers. They will also use existing libraries from
their monolithic plugins or ML2 drivers for connectivity to their
backends. This will reduce the code need to be written for these
drivers.

6. API Intercept
This allows for better integration with Nova. Kevin Benton is working on this.

6. Docs for GBP API
Sumit will start soon.

7. Devstack
No changes will most likely be required here.

If you like to participate in the future in this work stream, please
join the weekly IRC meetings:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Neutron_Group_Policy

and checkout the team wiki:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/GroupPolicy