[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Parallel deployment of secondary controllers

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Tue Jul 29 07:27:30 UTC 2014

+1, this is great.

We do have a few issues with HA though which block us from further testing.
There is no evidence that this final patch enabling the feature caused
those, but let's focus on investigation. Please no code merges if it's not
related to basic BuildVerificationTests (BVT) we have.

I'm aware of at least one issue which breaks CentOS HA:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1348649.
The following related to network verification makes the build failing:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1306705, under investigation by
dshulyak

Ubuntu was also broken due to https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1349684.
However this issue looks like happening very rarely and related to whether
high load of the server or time desync. It is under investigation by warpc.

Issues above, and any further found with BVT tests failures are highest
priority. Please help in investigation, resolution, code review and landing
fixes into master. Remember, it blocks us from further testing all the
features in HA mode.

Thanks,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Sergii Golovatiuk <
sgolovatiuk at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> That's awesome! Thanks everyone who made this happen! This is a huge
> improvement!
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Sergii Golovatiuk,
> Skype #golserge
> IRC #holser
>

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 2:04 AM, Vladimir Kuklin <vkuklin at mirantis.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Fuelers
>>
>> I am glad to announce that we have finally merged all the code that is
>> needed for parallel deployment of secondary controllers. The final piece
>> that was merged today:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/104267/
>> This will introduce significant performance boost for us as now
>> controller deployment time is O(1) instead of O(n). If you experience any
>> issues with HA deployment with the code that contains this fix, please file
>> a bug with critical priority and target it to 5.1 milestone.
>>

>> --
>> Yours Faithfully,
>> Vladimir Kuklin,
>> Fuel Library Tech Lead,