[openstack-dev] [Nova] Boot from ISO feature status

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:30:24 UTC 2014

I think we should discuss adding/changing this functionality. I have had many new users assume that booting from an iso image would give them a root drive which they could snapshot. I was hoping that the new block device mapping code would allow something like this, but unfortunately there isn’t a way to do it there either. You can boot a flavor with an ephemeral drive, but there is no command to snapshot secondary drives.

Vish