[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Specs approved for Juno-3 and exceptions

Mandeep Dhami dhami at noironetworks.com
Sat Jul 26 19:44:17 UTC 2014

Thanks Jay. I agree with your position on it, and that is exactly what I
would expect as the process in a collaborative community. That "feels like
the right way" ;-)

Unfortunately, there have been situations where we have had to ask a
reviewer multiple times to re-review the code (after issues identified in a
previous review have been addressed). Then you struggle between "am I
pestering the reviewer" vs. "what more can we do/needs to be done, please
help us understand" - and absence of that feedback leads to discouragement
for new contributors and piling up of patches for the big deluge near the
cut-off deadlines. My suggestion was to deal with outliers like that.

If there was a clear guideline, that facilitated the smooth flow of patches
and an automated reminder that did not make the person asking for reviews
feel that he/she is pestering, that might help. Or maybe if we update infra
to report on avg. number of days that a negative review was not re-reviewed
after a new patch, we could just address the outliers when we see them.
Just an idea to address the outliers, not the normal flow.

Regards,
Mandeep
-----