[openstack-dev] [infra] "recheck no bug" and comment

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jul 25 10:38:29 UTC 2014

On 07/25/2014 01:18 AM, Ian Wienand wrote:
> On 07/16/2014 11:15 PM, Alexis Lee wrote:
>> What do you think about allowing some text after the words "recheck no
>> bug"?
>
> I think this is a good idea; I am often away from a change for a bit,
> something happens in-between and Jenkins fails it, but chasing it down
> days later is fairly pointless given how fast things move.
>
> It would be nice if I could indicate "I thought about this".  In fact,
> there might be an argument for *requiring* a reason
>
> I proposed [1] to allow this
>
> -i

At the QA / Infra meetup we actually talked about the recheck syntax,
and to change the way elastic recheck is interacting with the user.

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack-infra/elastic-recheck+branch:master+topic:erchanges,n,z

and

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack-infra/config+branch:master+topic:er,n,z

Are the result of that. Basically going forward we'll just support

'recheck.*'

If you want to provide us with info after the recheck, great, we can
mine it later. However we aren't using that a ton at this point, so
we'll make it easier on people.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague