[openstack-dev] Mentor program?

Jay S. Bryant jsbryant at electronicjungle.net
Fri Jul 25 04:36:29 UTC 2014

Josh,

I agree that the mailing list is a hard place to provide such guidance
and direction.  I find mailing lists intimidating.  Had taken me some
time to be comfortable submitting here.

After my response to this note the other day I was pinged internally via
our messaging client asking for some mentoring.  They seemed more
comfortable introducing themselves that way and talking.  I hate to
suggest an IRC channel for this, as IRC drives me nuts, also doesn't
seem the best fit.  Maybe instead a wiki page with IRC names of people
that are willing to be individually contacted with requests for
guidance.  I could be listed as a contact for Cinder or i18n as well as
a general process contact.  You for taskflow, etc.

I guess a way to communicate what we feel we can help with and provide
that as a resource for those who may need help in those areas.  Also, on
the same wiki maybe try to cull together some of the 'getting started
info.

What do you think?

Jay