[openstack-dev] [Neutron] [Spec freeze exception] Support Stateful and Stateless DHCPv6 by dnsmasq

Collins, Sean Sean_Collins2 at cable.comcast.com
Thu Jul 24 23:50:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 12:06:06AM EDT, Xu Han Peng wrote:
> I would like to request one Juno Spec freeze exception for "Support Stateful
> and Stateless DHCPv6 by dnsmasq" BP.
>
> This BP is an important part if IPv6 support in Juno. Router advertisement
> support by RADVD has been merged and this BP is planned for configure
> OpenStack dnsmasq to co-work with router advertisement from either external
> router or OpenStack managed RADVD to get IPv6 network fully functional. This
> BP also supports dnsmasq to work independently for DHCPv6 subnet. Without
> this BP, only SLAAC mode is enabled without any stateful/stateless DHCPv6
> support.
>
> The spec is under review:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/102411/
>
> Code change for this BP is submitted as well for a while:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/106299/
>
> Thanks,
> Xu Han

I'd like to +1 this request, if this work landed in Juno, this would
mean Neutron would have 100% support for all IPv6 subnet attribute
settings, since slaac support landed in J-2.

I know that we're competing for bandwidth and asking for special
consideration, but I feel it's my role to advocate for the devs on the
subteam.

Thank you for the consideration!

--
Sean M. Collins