[openstack-dev] [neutron] Spec Approval Deadline (SAD) has passed, next steps

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Thu Jul 24 15:02:18 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Alan Kavanagh
<alan.kavanagh at ericsson.com> wrote:
> Hi Kyle
>
> I do sympathise and know its not easy to accommodate all BP's, and I know it's a difficult job to take these decisions.
>
> May I therefore suggest that anything that gets punted from Juno is "ensured for high priority and acceptance for Kilo Release" ? This means we will have those that are not approved ensure they take high priority and guaranteed for the next release (Kilo in this case) and send an email to confirm this.
>
> That way we don't have people feeling constantly disappointed and being pushed further down the pecking order, and ensure they are not being demoted and support on progressing their work at the next release.
>
> Interested to hear your thoughts on this Kyle and others and feel free to suggest an alternatives, I know this is a difficult topic to address but I feel it is necessary for us to have this discussion.

It's hard to say "guaranteed for Kilo" at this point. The best I can
say is that once we open up the neutron-specs repository for Kilo, we
start the process of adding them there. One other thing I can propose
is that we allocate 10 minutes each week at the Neutron meeting to
allow people to propose new ideas. This would let people socialize
their ideas with the broader Neutron team. We could likely accommodate
one or two per week. If people think this would be helpful, we can try
this.

I have another email on this subject, but I'll send it separately to
attract more attention.

Thanks,
Kyle