[openstack-dev] [Trove] Neutron integration test job

Nikhil Manchanda nikhil at manchanda.me
Thu Jul 24 09:32:35 UTC 2014

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Denis Makogon <dmakogon at mirantis.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Add Neutron-based configuration for DevStack to let folks try it

This makes sense to tackle; now that the neutron integration pieces have
merged in Trove (yahoo!).

However, it looks like the changes you propose in your DevStack patchset
[1] have been copied directly from the trove-integration scripts at
[2]. I have two primary concerns with this:

a. Most of these values are only required for the trove functional
tests to pass -- they aren't required for a user install of trove with
Neutron. For such values, the trove-integration scripts seem like a
better place for this configuration.

b. Since the trove functional tests run based on the trove-integration
scripts, what this means is that if this change is merged, this
configuration code will be run twice, once in devstack, and once again
as part of the test-init script from trove-integration.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/108966
[2] https://github.com/openstack/trove-integration/blob/master/scripts/redstack#L406-427

>> Implementing/providing new type of testing job that will test on a regular
>> basis all Trove tests with enabled Neutron to verify that all our networking
>> preparations for instance are fine.
>>
>> The last thing is the most interesting. And i’d like to discuss it with all
>> of you, folks.
>> So, i’ve wrote initial job template taking into account specific
>> configuration required by DevStack and Trove-integration, see [4], and i’d
>> like to receive all possible feedbacks as soon as possible.

So it looks like the test job you propose [3] is based on a current
experimental job template: gate-trove-functional-dsvm-{datastore}
[4]. Since pretty much most of it is an exact copy (except for the
NEUTRON_ENABLED bit) I'd suggest working that in as a parameter to the
current job template instead of duplicating the exact same code as part
of another job.

[3] https://gist.github.com/denismakogon/76d9bd3181781097c39b
[4] https://github.com/openstack-infra/config/blob/master/modules/openstack_project/files/jenkins_job_builder/config/trove.yaml#L30-63

Thanks,