[openstack-dev] [heat] health maintenance in autoscaling groups

Doug Wiegley dougw at a10networks.com
Thu Jul 24 03:24:32 UTC 2014

Hi Mike,

> and listed the possible values of the status field, including "INACTIVE".  Other sources are telling me that status=INACTIVE when the health monitor thinks the member is unhealthy, status!=INACTIVE when the health monitor thinks the member is healthy.  What's going on here?

Indeed, the code will return a server status of INACTIVE if the lbaas agent marks a member ‘DOWN’.  But, nowhere can I find that it actually ever does so.

My statements about the status field for lbaas/neutron came from the author of the ref lbaas driver; I’ll check with him tomorrow and see if I misunderstood.

Thanks,
doug