[openstack-dev] [nova][all] Old review expiration

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jul 23 22:01:56 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-14 17:05:32 +0100 (+0100), Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Indeed, I don't recall anyone telling Nova cores developers that
> we should be manually "expiring" patches, so I've not tried to
> expire any myself.

I think the point is not so much to "expire" patches since
age/staleness is only a moderately useful proxy for identifying
whether a change is still useful. Instead core reviewers can set a
change to Workflow -1 (work in progress) if it looks like it needs
more work to get back into a reasonable shape, or abandon it if it
no longer fits the direction of the project at all. This is a human
judgement call, and much more helpful than just culling changes
based on age alone.
--
Jeremy Stanley