[openstack-dev] [Trove] Neutron integration test job

Denis Makogon dmakogon at mirantis.com
Wed Jul 23 21:09:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Kyle Mestery <mestery at mestery.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Denis Makogon <dmakogon at mirantis.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello, Stackers.
> >

> > For those of you who’s interested in Trove just letting you know, that
> for
> > now Trove can work with Neutron (hooray!!)
> >  instead of Nova-network, see [1] and [2]. It’s a huge step forward on
> the
> > road of advanced OpenStack integration.
> >
> > But let’s admit it’s not the end, we should deal with:
> >
> > Add Neutron-based configuration for DevStack to let folks try it (see
> [3]).
> >
> I have some comments on this patch which I've posted in the review.

Thanks for keeping an eye on it. So, you've suggested to use
PRIVATE_NETWORK_NAME
and PRIVATE_SUBNET_NAME.

Correct me if i'm wrong. According to [1] and [2] when neutron get's
deployed, it uses pre-defined network (defined at [1]) and sub-network name
(defined at [2]).

If that's it - i'm totally fine to update patchset with suggested changed.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/89a8a15ebe31f4b06e40ecadd4918e687087874c/stackrc#L418-L420
[2]
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/1ecd43da5434b8ef7dafb49b9b30c9c1b18afffe/lib/neutron

> > Implementing/providing new type of testing job that will test on a
> regular
> > basis all Trove tests with enabled Neutron to verify that all our
> networking
> > preparations for instance are fine.
> >

> > The last thing is the most interesting. And i’d like to discuss it with
> all
> > of you, folks.
> > So, i’ve wrote initial job template taking into account specific
> > configuration required by DevStack and Trove-integration, see [4], and
> i’d
> > like to receive all possible feedbacks as soon as possible.
> >
> This is great! I'd like to see this work land as well, thanks for
> taking this on. I'll add this to my backlog of items to review and
> provide some feedback as well.
>
> Sound amazing, thanks for keeping an eye on. The most interesting part for
me is a job template, i'd like to hear feedback in it as weel.

P.S.: sorry about putting job template on a gist instead of sending on the
review, but i thought it would be good enough to recieve a feedback.

 Best regards,
Denis Makogon