[openstack-dev] [Nova][Spec freeze exception] Controlled shutdown of GuestOS

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Wed Jul 23 18:08:52 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

I'd like to propose the following as an exception to the spec freeze, on the basis that it addresses a potential data corruption issues in the Guest.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/89650

We were pretty close to getting acceptance on this before, apart from a debate over whether one additional config value could be allowed to be set via image metadata - so I've given in for now on wanting that feature from a deployer perspective, and said that we'll hard code it as requested.

Initial parts of the implementation are here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/68942/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/99916/

Phil