[openstack-dev] [nova] Configuring libivrt VIF driver

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Wed Jul 23 16:53:55 UTC 2014

> Hmm, that is not right. There's no intention to remove the vif_driver
> parameter itself. We were supposed to merely deprecate the various
> legacy VIF driver implementations in Nova, not remove the ability
> to use 3rd party ones.

I'm pretty sure it was deprecated specifically for that reason. Once we
stopped having the need to provide that as a way to control which
implementation was used, we (IIRC) marked it as deprecated with the
intention of removing it. We've been on a path to remove as many of the
"provide your own class here" plugin points as possible in recent cycles.

--Dan