[openstack-dev] [oslo] graduating oslo.middleware

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Wed Jul 23 16:40:15 UTC 2014

I left a comment on one of the commits, but in general here are my
thoughts:

1) I would prefer not to do things like switch to oslo.i18n outside of
Gerrit. I realize we don't have a specific existing policy for this, but
doing that significant work outside of Gerrit is not desirable IMHO. It
needs to happen either before graduation or after import into Gerrit.

2) I definitely don't want to be accepting "enable [hacking check]"
changes outside Gerrit. The github graduation step is _just_ to get the
code in shape so it can be imported with the tests passing. It's
perfectly acceptable to me to just ignore any hacking checks during this
step and fix them in Gerrit where, again, the changes can be reviewed.

At a glance I don't see any problems with the changes that have been
made, but I haven't looked that closely and I think it brings up some
topics for clarification in the graduation process.

Thanks.

-Ben

On 2014-07-22 08:44, gordon chung wrote:

> hi,
>
> following the oslo graduation protocol, could the oslo team review the oslo.middleware library[1] i've created and see if there are any issues.
>
> [1] https://github.com/chungg/oslo.middleware [2]
>
> cheers,
> _gord_
> _ _