[openstack-dev] [Fuel-dev] Upgrades for Murano in MOS

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Wed Jul 23 14:29:17 UTC 2014

Serg,
as of 5.1, we do not have an ability to upgrade OpenStack.

Your case falls into upgrades capabilities. We plan to start working on
OpenStack upgrades in 6.0. As of 5.1, we will have an ability to patch
environments in terms of maintenance releases, i.e. to lay some patches on
your Icehouse code from stable/icehouse. Please do not propose such a large
change regarding DB migrations to stable branch, as Fuel will be unable to
even patch old envs.

Considering the fact that we can't upgrade Murano Icehouse to Juno, let's
focus on preparing Juno code in a way that it supports further upgrades
from Juno to K* and following releases.

Mike Scherbakov
#mihgen