[openstack-dev] [Fuel-dev] Upgrades for Murano in MOS

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Wed Jul 23 13:53:08 UTC 2014

Hi Serg,
what needs to be done in order to include Alembic-related stuff into 5.1?
The thing is that we are just a day before Soft Code Freeze.

If this is trivial operation, such as adding a new package and updating
configuration file, then we could consider it to be included.

Thanks,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Serg Melikyan <smelikyan at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> During this cycle we introduced migrations based on Alembic
> <https://bitbucket.org/zzzeek/alembic> framework that are incompatible
> with previous set of migrations based on sqlalchemy-migrate
> <https://github.com/stackforge/sqlalchemy-migrate>. This changes are
> going to be included to MOS with release targeting Juno release of
> Openstack.
>
> New migration framework makes imposible to seamlessly migrate from
> previous version of Murano to the next one - all data stored in the
> database is going to be lost. Murano (as part of MOS) can't be upgraded
> from any previous version of MOS to MOS 6.0.
>
> I suggest to include this feature (migrations based on Alembic) to MOS as
> soon as possible, to be precise to MOS 5.1. This will allow to have
> upgrades for Murano from MOS 5.1 to all the next versions of MOS, including
> 6.0. Upgrade from 5.0.1 to 5.1 for Murano without loosing all data will be
> impossible.
> --
> Serg Melikyan, Senior Software Engineer at Mirantis, Inc.
> http://mirantis.com | smelikyan at mirantis.com
>
> +7 (495) 640-4904, 0261
> +7 (903) 156-0836

Mike Scherbakov