[openstack-dev] Support for Django 1.7 in OpenStack

Felipe Reyes freyes at tty.cl
Wed Jul 23 11:28:16 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 06:56:51PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> First, does anyone know if Django 1.7 is an issue with any of the above
> packages? If there are effectively issues, is there currently any plan
> to fix it?
>
> Ideally, I would like all of the above packages to be able to run with
> Django 1.7 in Icehouse. I don't expect upstream OpenStack to actually do
> the backporting to Icehouse, but if it gets in trunk, I'd be happy to do
> the work for backporting.
>
> If it's considered a bad idea to fix Django 1.7 compatibility in
> stable/icehouse, then I don't mind keeping the patches as Debian
> specific. However, I will *not* have the time to either investigate the
> issue, or do the work (I'm busy enough with packaging all of OpenStack
> and its dependencies in Debian). Also, I don't think I have enough
> expertise myself to work on this: just "testing" wouldn't be enough,
> IMO, someone with an extensive Django experience needs to work on this.
>
> So, I NEED HELP HERE! :)
> Thoughts, comments, or whatever else is welcome! [1]

According to the bug #1266676[0], some work was already done.

I ran the test suite using Django 1.7rc1 and this is the result:

  Ran 999 tests in 43.882s

  FAILED (SKIP=7, errors=90, failures=1)

I'm happy to help patching horizon to run with Django 1.7

Best Regards,

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1266676
----
Felipe Reyes <freyes at tty.cl>