[openstack-dev] [swift] Use FQDN in Ring files instead of "ip"

Matsuda, Kenichiro matsuda_kenichi at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Jul 23 02:47:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

I want to use FQDN in Ring files instead of "ip".
I tried the following Swift APIs with using FQDN and it succeeded.
(I used swift1.13.1.)

  - PUT Container
  - PUT Object

In some documents there is no info for using FQDN in Ring files.

  - swift 1.13.1 documentation The Rings > List of Devices
      http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/1.13.1/overview_ring.html#list-of-devices
      The IP address of the server containing the device.
  - swift-ring-builder's USAGE
      swift-ring-builder <builder_file> add
          --replication-ip <r_ip> --replication-port <r_port>
          --device <device_name> --meta <meta> --weight <weight>

I would like to know whether FQDN in Ring files supports and/or how to evaluate to support FQDN in Ring files.

Could you please advise me for it?

Best Regards,
Kenichiro Matsuda.