[openstack-dev] [Murano]

Lee Calcote (lecalcot) lecalcot at cisco.com
Tue Jul 22 21:59:28 UTC 2014

Gents,

For what it’s worth - We’ve long accounting for “extension points” within our VM and physical server provisioning flows, where developers may drop in code to augment OOTB behavior with customer/solution-specific needs.  While there are many extension points laced throughout different points in the provisioning flow, we pervasively injected “pre” and “post” provisioning extension points to allow for easy customization (like the one being attempted by Steve).

The notions of prepareDeploy and finishDeploy resonant well.

Regards,
Lee
  [cid:79A77799-DB4B-4D01-957B-D6A7D5D69476]
    Lee Calcote
    Sr. Software Engineering Manager
    Cloud and Virtualization Group

    Phone: 512-378-8835