[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Soft code freeze is planned for July, 24th

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 17:03:46 UTC 2014

Mike,

I don't think we should SCF until the review queue is addressed, there are
far to many outstanding reviews presently. I'm not saying the queue has to
be flushed and revised (although we should give this time given the size of
the outstanding queue) , but all patches should be reviewed, and merged, or
minused (addressed). They should not be penalized because they are not high
priority and no one has gotten around to reviewing them.

my though is: prior to SCF, the low and medium priority reviews must be
addressed, and the submitter should have one additional day to revise the
patch prior to their code being barred from the release. We could address
this by having a review deadline the day prior to SCF, or watch excepted
intently for revision the day after SCF.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Mike Scherbakov <mscherbakov at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Hi Fuelers,
> Looks like we are more or less good to call for a Soft Code Freeze [1] on
> Thursday.
>
> Then hard code freeze [2] will follow. It is planned to have no more than
> 2 weeks between SCF and HCF [3]. When hard code freeze is called, we create
> stable/5.1 branch at the same time to accept only critical bug fixes, and
> release will be produced out of this branch. At the same time master will
> be re-opened for accepting new features and all types of bug fixes.
>
> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/Soft_Code_Freeze
> [2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/Hard_Code_Freeze
>  [3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/5.1_Release_Schedule
>
> Let me know if anything blocks us from doing SCF on 24th.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Mike Scherbakov
> #mihgen