[openstack-dev] [Neutron] [Spec freeze exception] ml2-use-dpdkvhost

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Tue Jul 22 13:47:06 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Mooney, Sean K
<sean.k.mooney at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to propose
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/107797/1/specs/juno/ml2-use-dpdkvhost.rst
> for a spec freeze exception.
>

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/ml2-use-dpdkvhost
>

> This blueprint adds support for the Intel(R) DPDK Userspace vHost
>
> port binding to the Open Vswitch and Open Daylight ML2 Mechanism Drivers.

In general, I'd be ok with approving an exception for this BP.
However, please see below.

> This blueprint enables nova changes tracked by the following spec:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/95805/1/specs/juno/libvirt-ovs-use-usvhost.rst

This BP appears to also require an exception from the Nova team. I
think these both require exceptions for this work to have a shot at
landing in Juno. Given this, I'm actually leaning to move this to
Kilo. But if you can get a Nova freeze exception, I'd consider the
same for the Neutron BP.

Thanks,
Kyle