[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Nova][Scheduler] Promote select_destination as a REST API

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 23:45:45 UTC 2014

Thanks Chris and Sylvain.

@Chris, yes,my case is do a select_destination call, and then call the
create/rebuild/migrate/evacuate while specifying the selected destination

@Sylvain, I was also thinking of Gantt, but as you said, Gantt might be
available in K or L which might be a bit late, that's why I say I want to
first do it in nova then migrate to Gantt. OK, agree with you, considering
the spec is freeze now, I will consider this in K or L and find a
workaround for now. ;-)

Thanks.

>  Le 21/07/2014 17:52, Jay Lau a écrit :
>
> Sorry, correct one typo. I mean "Promote select_destination as a REST API"
>

> -1 to it. During last Summit, we agreed on externalizing current Scheduler
> code into a separate project called Gantt. For that, we agreed on first
> doing necessary changes within the Scheduler before recreating a new
> repository.
>
> By providing select_destinations as a new API endpoint, it would create a
> disruptive change where the Scheduler would have a new entrypoint.
>
> As this change would need a spec anyway and as there is a Spec Freeze now
> for Juno, I propose to delay this proposal until Gantt is created and
> propose a REST API for Gantt instead (in Kilo or L)
>
> -Sylvain

>>  Now in OpenStack Nova, select_destination is used by
>> create/rebuild/migrate/evacuate VM when selecting target host for those
>> operations.
>>
>>  There is one requirement that some customers want to get the possible
>> host list when create/rebuild/migrate/evacuate VM so as to create a
>> resource plan for those operations, but currently select_destination is not
>> a REST API, is it possible that we promote this API to be a REST API?
>>
>> --
>>  Thanks,
>>
>>  Jay
>>

> --