[openstack-dev] [oslo] oslo.serialization and oslo.concurrency graduation call for help

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Mon Jul 21 15:23:26 UTC 2014

Hi all,

The oslo.serialization and oslo.concurrency graduation specs are both
approved, but unfortunately I haven't made as much progress on them as I
would like.  The serialization repo has been created and has enough acks
to continue the process, and concurrency still needs to be started.

Also unfortunately, I am unlikely to make progress on either over the
next two weeks due to the tripleo meetup and vacation.  As discussed in
the Oslo meeting last week
(http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/oslo/2014/oslo.2014-07-18-16.00.log.html)
we would like to continue work on them during that time, so Doug asked
me to look for volunteers to pick up the work and run with it.

The current status and next steps for oslo.serialization can be found in
the bp:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo/+spec/graduate-oslo-serialization

As mentioned, oslo.concurrency isn't started and has a few more pending
tasks, which are enumerated in the spec:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/oslo-specs/plain/specs/juno/graduate-oslo-concurrency.rst

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm happy to pick this back up in a
couple of weeks, but if someone could shepherd it along in the meantime
that would be great!

Thanks.

-Ben