[openstack-dev] [cinder] gettextutils enable_lazy not working

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 22:49:00 UTC 2014

Recent change to how we use gettextutils [1] seem to not import _
anymore. According to the commit, enable_lazy() is suppose to
*replace* gettextutils.install(), but I can't see where in the code
that happens or see it actually working.

I have reported a bug [2] that cinder-manage and cinder-rtstool [3] no
longer work as a result. Using gettextutils.install() seems to resolve
the issue or explicitly import _. Can someone who is familiar with
this module please enlighten me how this is suppose to work?

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/105561/4
[2] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1345789
[3] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1345789/comments/4

--