[openstack-dev] [nova] Semantics of plug_vifs in the neutron environment

Peng Gu gp_stack at 163.com
Fri Jul 18 16:05:31 UTC 2014

Hi, all

The comment in of plug_vifs in ComputeDriver indicates that this method is responsible for plugging the vif into network,
but when working with neutron, this work has alreay been done by agents in the compute node.

Actually, I noticed that plug_vifs in LibvirtDriver did nothing in the neutron environment with linux bridge plugin, because
the work of creating bridges and adding tap interface to bridges was done by linux bridge agent.

So it confused me a lot if plug_vifs has lost its semantic or am I missing something, or plug_vifs has its meaning in other
scenarios ?

Thanks!

Peng Gu