[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Spec Freeze Exception] [Gantt] Scheduler Isolate DB spec

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 08:10:23 UTC 2014

Hi team,

I would like to put your attention on https://review.openstack.org/89893
This spec targets to isolate access within the filters to only Scheduler
bits. This one is a prerequisite for a possible split of the scheduler
into a separate project named Gantt, as it's necessary to remove direct
access to other Nova objects (like aggregates and instances).

This spec is one of the oldest specs so far, but its approval has been
delayed because there were other concerns to discuss first about how we
split the scheduler. Now that these concerns have been addressed, it is
time for going back to that blueprint and iterate over it.

I understand the exception is for a window of 7 days. In my opinion,
this objective is targetable as now all the pieces are there for making
a consensus.

The change by itself is only a refactoring of the existing code with no
impact on APIs neither on DB scheme, so IMHO this blueprint is a good
opportunity for being on track with the objective of a split by
beginning of Kilo.

Cores, I leave you appreciate the urgency and I'm available by IRC or
email for answering questions.

Thanks,
-Sylvain