[openstack-dev] [heat]Heat Db Model updates

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Thu Jul 17 22:24:12 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Manickam, Kanagaraj's message of 2014-07-16 20:48:04 -0700:
> Event
> Why uuid and id both used?

The event uuid is the user-facing ID. However, we need to return events
to the user in insertion order. So we use an auto-increment primary key,
and order by that in 'heat event-list stack_name'.

We don't want to expose that integer to the user though, because knowing
the rate at which these integers increase would reveal a lot about the
goings on inside Heat.

> Resource_action is being used in both event and resource table, so it should be moved to common table

If we're joining to resource already o-k, but it is worth noting that
there is a desire to not use a SQL table for event storage. Maintaining
those events on a large, busy stack will be expensive. The simpler
solution is to just write batches of event files into swift.