[openstack-dev] [Glance] glance.store repo created

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Thu Jul 17 06:42:01 UTC 2014

Greeting,

I'd like to announce that we finally got the glance.store repo created.

This library pulls out of glance the code related to stores. Not many
changes were made to the API during this process. The main goal, for
now, is to switch glance over and keep backwards compatibility with
Glance to reduce the number of changes required. We'll improve and
revamp the store API during K - FWIW, I've a spec draft with ideas for it.

The library still needs some work and this is a perfect moment for
anyone interested to chime in and contribute to the library. Some things
that are missing:

- Swift store (Nikhil is working on this)
- Sync latest changes made to the store code.

If you've recently made changes to any of the stores, please go ahead
and contribute them back to `glance.store` or let me know so I can do it.

I'd also like to ask reviewers to request contributions to the `store`
code in glance to be proposed to `glance.store` as well. This way, we'll
be able to keep parity.

I'll be releasing an alpha version soon so we can start reviewing the
glance switch-over. We won't obviously merge it until we have feature
parity.

Any feedback is obviously very welcome,
Cheers,
Flavio