[openstack-dev] [TripleO] os-net-config

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Jul 16 21:12:01 UTC 2014

On 17 July 2014 05:58, Dan Prince <dprince at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi TripleO!
>
> I wanted to get the word out on progress with a new os-net-config tool
> for TripleO. The spec (not yet approved) lives here:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/97859/
>
> We've also got a working implementation here:
>
> https://github.com/dprince/os-net-config
>
> You can see WIP example of how it wires in here (more work to do on this
> to fully support parity):
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/104054/1/elements/network-utils/bin/ensure-bridge,cm
>
> The end goal is that we will be able to more flexibly control our host
> level network settings in TripleO. Once it is fully integrated
> os-net-config would provide a mechanism to drive more flexible
> configurations (multiple bridges, bonding, etc.) via Heat metadata.
>
> We are already in dire need of this sort of thing today because we can't
> successfully deploy our CI overclouds without making manual changes to
> our images (this is because we need 2 bridges and our heat templates
> only support 1).

I'm really glad this is coming along. One small thing to note - we
don't need two bridges for CI overclouds - the rearranging of things
I've done over the last couple of weeks means we no longer *break* the
build in bridge, and so we can use br-ex for everything.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist