[openstack-dev] [Neutron] minimal device driver for VPN

Julio Carlos Barrera Juez juliocarlos.barrera at i2cat.net
Wed Jul 16 18:43:35 UTC 2014

I am fighting with this for months. I want to develop a VPN Neutron plugin,
but it is almost impossible to realize how to achieve it. this is a thread
I opened months ago and Paul Mchali helped me a lot:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-February/028389.html

I want to know the minimum requirements to develop a device driver and a
service driver for a VPN Neutron plugin. I tried adding an empty device
driver and I got this error:

DeviceDriverImportError: Can not load driver
:neutron.services.vpn.junos_vpnaas.device_drivers.fake_device_driver.FakeDeviceDriver

Both Python file and class exists, but the implementation is empty. What is
the problem? What I need to include in this file/class to avoid this error?

Thank you.

 <http://dana.i2cat.net>   <http://www.i2cat.net/en>
Julio C. Barrera Juez  [image: View my profile on LinkedIn]
<http://es.linkedin.com/in/jcbarrera/en>
Office phone: (+34) 93 357 99 27 (ext. 527)
Office mobile phone: (+34) 625 66 77 26
Distributed Applications and Networks Area (DANA)
i2CAT Foundation, Barcelona