[openstack-dev] [TripleO] os-net-config

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 17:58:21 UTC 2014

Hi TripleO!

I wanted to get the word out on progress with a new os-net-config tool
for TripleO. The spec (not yet approved) lives here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/97859/

We've also got a working implementation here:

https://github.com/dprince/os-net-config

You can see WIP example of how it wires in here (more work to do on this
to fully support parity):

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/104054/1/elements/network-utils/bin/ensure-bridge,cm

The end goal is that we will be able to more flexibly control our host
level network settings in TripleO. Once it is fully integrated
os-net-config would provide a mechanism to drive more flexible
configurations (multiple bridges, bonding, etc.) via Heat metadata.

We are already in dire need of this sort of thing today because we can't
successfully deploy our CI overclouds without making manual changes to
our images (this is because we need 2 bridges and our heat templates
only support 1).

Dan