[openstack-dev] [specs] how to continue spec discussion

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jul 16 13:07:13 UTC 2014

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 11:57:33AM +0000, Tim Bell wrote:
>> It seems a pity to archive the comments and reviewer lists along
>> with losing a place to continue the discussions even if we are not
>> expecting to see code in Juno.
>
> Agreed, that is sub-optimal to say the least.
>
> The spec documents themselves are in a release specific directory
> though. Any which are to be postponed to Kxxx would need to move
> into a specs/kxxxx directory instead of specs/juno, but we don't
> know what the kxxxx directory needs to be called yet :-(

The poll ends in 18 hours, so that should no longer be a blocker :)

I think what we don't really want to abandon those specs and lose
comments and history... but we want to shelve them in a place where they
do not interrupt core developers workflow as they concentrate on Juno
work. It will be difficult to efficiently ignore them if they are filed
in a next or a kxxx directory, as they would still clutter /most/ Gerrit
views.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)