[openstack-dev] [Ironic] [Horizon] [UX] Wireframes for Node Management - Juno

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 07:28:55 UTC 2014

Hi Wan,

thanks for great notes. My response is inline:

On 2014/15/07 23:19, Wan-yen Hsu wrote:
> The "Register Nodes" panel uses "IPMI user" and "IPMI Password".
> However, not all Ironic drivers use IPMI, for instance, some Ironic
> drivers will use iLO or other BMC interfaces instead of IPMI.  I would
> like to suggest changing "IPMI" to "BMC" or ""IPMI/BMC" to acomodate
> more Ironic drivers.  The "Driver" field will reflect what power
> management interface (e.g., IPMI + PXE, or iLO + Virtual Media) is used
> so it can be used to correlate the user and password fields.

We are already prepared for multiple drivers. If you look at the Driver
field, there is a dropdown menu from which you can choose a driver and
based on the selection the additional information (like IP, user, passw)
will be changed.

>     Also, myself and a few folks are working on Ironic UEFI support and
> we hope to land this feature in Juno (Spec is still in review state but
> the feature is on the Ironic Juno Prioritized list). In order to add
> UEFI boot feature, a "Supported Boot Modes" field in the hardware info
> is needed.  The possible values are "BIOS Only", "UEFI Only", and
> "BIOS+UEFI".   We will need to work with you to add this field onto
> hardware info.

There is no problem to accommodate this change in the UI once the
back-end supports it. So if there is a desire to expose the feature in
the UI, when there is already working back-end solution, feel free to
send a patch which adds that to the HW info - it's an easy addition and
the UI is prepared for such types of expansions.

> Thanks!
>
> wanyen

Cheers
-- Jarda