[openstack-dev] [Ironic] [Horizon] [UX] Wireframes for Node Management - Juno

Wan-yen Hsu wanyenhsu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 21:19:30 UTC 2014

Hi Jaromir,

http://people.redhat.com/~jcoufal/openstack/juno/2014-07-09_nodes-ui_juno.pdf

>> Let me know in case of any questions.

   This looks great!  I have a couple comments-

The "Register Nodes" panel uses "IPMI user" and "IPMI Password".  However,
not all Ironic drivers use IPMI, for instance, some Ironic drivers will use
iLO or other BMC interfaces instead of IPMI.  I would like to suggest
changing "IPMI" to "BMC" or ""IPMI/BMC" to acomodate more Ironic drivers.
The "Driver" field will reflect what power management interface (e.g., IPMI
+ PXE, or iLO + Virtual Media) is used so it can be used to correlate the
user and password fields.

   Also, myself and a few folks are working on Ironic UEFI support and we
hope to land this feature in Juno (Spec is still in review state but the
feature is on the Ironic Juno Prioritized list).   In order to add UEFI
boot feature, a "Supported Boot Modes" field in the hardware info is
needed.  The possible values are "BIOS Only", "UEFI Only", and
"BIOS+UEFI".   We will need to work with you to add this field onto
hardware info.

Thanks!

wanyen