[openstack-dev] [devstack][keystone] Devstack, auth_token and keystone v3

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 20:29:56 UTC 2014

> > Thanks for the info - any chance you can provide links to the relevant
> > reviews here? If so I'll be happy to pull them and locally test to ensure
> > our issues will be addressed :)
> >
> Sure!
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/106819/ is the change for the keystonemiddleware
> package (where the change will actually land), and https://review.openstack.org/#/c/106833/
> is the change to keystoneclient to show that the change will succeed (this will not merge
> to keystoneclient, if you want the v3-preferred by default behavior, the project must
> use keystonemiddleware).
>
> Cheers,
> Morgan

And just to be clear, the reason for the keystoneclient “test” change is because projects have not all converted over to keystonemiddleware yet (this is in process). We don’t want projects to be split between keystoneclient and the middleware going forward, but we cannot remove the client version for compatibility reasons (previous releases of OpenStack, etc). The version in the client is “Frozen” and will only receive security updates (based on the specification to split the middleware to it’s own package).

—Morgan