[openstack-dev] Resources to fix MS Outlook (was Re: [Nova] [Gantt] Scheduler split status (updated))

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Jul 15 19:03:17 UTC 2014

On 07/15/2014 09:02 AM, Dugger, Donald D wrote:
> Unfortunately, much as I agree with your sentiment (Death to MS
> Outlook) my IT overlords have pretty much forced me into using it.

It's been a while since I had to deal with really awful software but
since the is a common problem, shall we collect some tips, tricks,
resources to help the fellows in need?

I remember back in the day, there were some fairly easy fixes to
overcome Outlooks lack of respect for RFCs. Something like:

http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/
http://www.lemis.com/grog/email/fixing-outlook.php

Do these still work? What else can we do to help make mailing lists
messages more easy to read?

Gmail is also pretty badly giving up on respecting RFCs, giving way too
many incentives for people to top-posting and not quote properly.